EAST COAST AUTO SALVAGE INC. TERMS OF SALE AND WARRANTY INFORMATION
TERMS OF SALE:
- There are no other agreements between the buyer and seller with components purchased except as stated below.
- All of our in-stock parts have a standard 6 Month warranty from the date of the invoice unless part is sold as-is or part is sold with extended warranty as stated on front of invoice.
CONDITION: This part is used unless otherwise stated on invoice. All parts may show some signs of wear relevant to age and usage. We will do our best to accurately represent condition of a part but because of the nature of used auto parts the cosmetic appearance, color and mileage is not covered by our warranty.
RETURNS: A non-warranty return is: The return of any part for any reason beside failure during the warranty period. All non-warranty returns are subject to acceptance by the seller and if accepted must be made within 30 days. No returns on special order parts and body cuts. Any part that was installed and does not meet the conditions of our warranty is not returnable. All returns must be authorized by obtaining a return authorization number (RMA) from your salesperson. The part must be returned to us in its original, unaltered, undamaged complete condition with original stock numbers visible. All returns must be accompanied by the original invoice. Absolutely no returns will be accepted and no refunds issued without a claim number and required paperwork. A 25% restocking fee will be charged for all non-warranty returns and shipping will not be reimbursed. Once we receive the part in original condition we will issue a refund. No cash refunds. No returns on international sales. CORE RETURNS: All core returns must be made within 30 days of invoice date.
PAYMENTS & DEPOSITS: We gladly accept company checks however if your check is returned for non-sufficient funds, you will be responsible for paying us the amount of the check plus a $50 returned check fee and your account will be frozen until the funds are paid in full. If you do not complete the payment within 30 days of invoice date you will incur late fee of $25 for every 30 days the amount is past due. The use of a check for payment is your acknowledgement and acceptance of this policy and its terms and conditions. A 25% deposit is required on all orders. Deposits are non-refundable for orders cancelled by the customer.
Silver Warranty = 90 days Gold Warranty = 180 days Platinum Warranty = 365 days
- Warranty covers only OEM specified applications as defined by our interchange system.
- Warranty does not cover labor, installation or towing charges.
- Warranty does not cover seals, gaskets, fluids or coolant.
- Warranty is non-transferable.
- We make no claim as to the suitability of any part for a particular purpose. Buyer is responsible for determining suitability of parts purchased for purposes intended. Seller is not responsible for buyers’ error.
- Seller is not responsible for or liable for any incidental or consequential loss or damages.
WARRANTY IS VOID AND PART RETURNS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ARE TRUE:
- Part is used for anything other than its OEM specified application.
- Part has been altered, disassembled or tampered with.
- Buyer tries to return a part that is not ours or does not have our stock number or markings visible.
- Damage occurs after part is in the possession of the buyer.
- Installation was not performed by a licensed repair facility in the United States according to the minimum maintenance requirements suggested by the manufacturer and a proper service document outlining installation procedure is not provided.
- Part is run with low fluid levels.
- Part is overheated and/or heat tabs are melted.
- Warranty is void on all international sales.
- East Coast Auto Salvage is not provided a reasonable opportunity for inspection of a covered component prior to removal, repair or replacement of any covered component.
ENGINE WARRANTY ADDITIONAL TERMS:
- Engines are guaranteed not to have a cracked block, head or bad crankshaft. Parts external to the cylinder block and the cylinder heads (i.e. carburetor, distributor, fuel pump etc) are not warranted. These are left on the engine for the installer’s convenience only.
- Used engines are guaranteed against rod knock, excessive smoking and excessive oil consumption.
- It is recommended the buyer replace the rear main seal and inspect the gaskets and freeze out plugs prior to installation.
- All parts on the engine at the time of sale must be returned with the core engine for core credit.
TRANSMISSION WARRANTY ADDITIONAL TERMS:
- Improper detent adjustment, low fluid level, failure to install a new filter (AT only) broken front pump or improper installation voids all warranties.
- The complete hydraulic system must be flushed including integral transfer case, oil cooler, lines and new filters installed.
- Accessory items, including but not limited to, modulators, governors, electrical controls, linkage, mounts, seals, gaskets or fluids are not covered.
- It is recommended that the buyer replace the front seal prior to installation.
DIFFERENTIAL WARRANTY ADDITIONAL TERMS:
- Warranty covers all internal lubricated parts contained within the drive axle housing case and the drive axel housing itself if damaged solely as a result of mechanical failure of one or more of the internal lubricated components contained within the transmission case.
- Accessory items including but not limited to, backing plate, all brake system components, cables, controls, linkages, vents, pumps, u-joints, electrical controls, mounts, seals, gaskets or fluids are not covered by this agreement.
DISCLAIMER: Written Warranty Limitations – The buyer hereby acknowledges that due to the nature of used auto parts, any liability of East Coast Auto Salvage Inc. from all causes shall be limited to the price paid for the goods sold or provided. If a part sold by East Coast Auto Salvage Inc. covered by our written warranty fails to operate during the warranty period, liability shall be limited to the replacement of the part or a remedy not to exceed the price paid for the part, at East Coast Auto Salvage Inc.’s sole discretion.